Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Winter & Me

This is really not a good time of year for me, which I've noticed for at least the last 5 years. It's kind of sad, because I used to love winter when I was a kid.

Now it just makes me nocturnal -- which is weird, given that the lack of sunlight seems to aggravate my depression. These are also the months when I start obsessing about every bad decision I've ever made, & life in general starts looking darker.

Also, I'm on jury duty, which isn't really helping. I'm not at all the anti-jury-duty type. I'd love to sit on a jury, even if there's not a snowball's chance in hell I ever will (lawyers work hard to keep other lawyers off their juries). But sitting on a jury is one thing; waiting for confirmation that you never will is another.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have more to say soon (probably too much more), but right now I need more sleep.

No comments: